- As a business, we here at Southern Star Travel have been working out an online marketing plan. How can we get our name out there? How to establish a reputation as experts and thought leaders in responsible travel? How can we build the trust it takes to get you on our trips to meet people and organizations working towards a better world?
- Part of the answer is a business blog and in asking and answering this question I've begun to hone in on an opportunity to do more than just monetize our responsible travel expertise.
Is there a synergistic approach to simultaneously working towards the two goals of 1) promoting our business and 2) spreading awareness of our partner organizations?
We think so and this is how it can work:
- Between my partners and I we've accrued decades of intense in-country experience leading trips, managing businesses, running NGO's, administering programs, etc. We've honed language skills. We've learned the ins and outs of the culture and infrastructure of several corners of the developing world.
What does it all mean?
- It means Southern Star Travel (and its online marketing mouthpiece - me) intend to iterate our own online marketing to ever higher levels of sophistication and bring our partners up with us while we're at it!
Let's make it officlal...
Blog purpose: to connect individuals with organizations running programs that align with their ideals and spread awareness of the social and environmental good works.
- Spread awareness of our partner not for profit and SocialEnterprise organizations
- Engage like-minded individuals in the conversation about development and how it can be enhanced through responsible travel
- Build brand awareness for ourselves and our partners
- Change the world
- Have fun!
- Organize and summarize blogs and other publicity from our partners
- Generate original material to contribute to the responsible travel conversation
- Generate original valuable content around our expertise
- Our Niche: Responsible Adventure Travel and Eco Tourism travel experts specializing in partnering with not-for-profit and Social Enterprise organizations in the developing Global South.
- Responsible Travel
- Adventure Travel
- Eco Tourism
- International Humanitarian Aid
- Sustainable Development
- Social Enterprise
- Effective Altruism
Formats and Types:
- Video (with Audio)
Thanks for reading! What do you think about our initiative?